Assistant Controller (Riyadh based)
What We Need
Oivan is in search of a skilled Assistant Controller to support finance and accounting functions specific to our Middle East offices. Your responsibilities will span a broad spectrum, from monthly accounting and reporting activities for multiple legal entities to annual coordination with auditors for financial statements. Based in our Riyadh office, you will be responsible for Finance related to our KSA and UAE entities.
You adapt quickly to new processes and tools, you are a resourceful problem-solver and understand how to optimise our systems and ways of working.
What You’ll Do
You will be responsible for accounting and reporting for our Middle East offices and legal entities. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Month-end closing process, ensuring quality and timely reporting of the financial results, ensure accounts are reconciled and key controls are performed
- Preparing monthly payroll for local employees in Middle East entities
- Annually support preparation of local financial statements and coordinate with auditors
- Analysis of Middle East project cost and revenue recognition calculations
- Manage finance activities within the Order-to-Cash (OTC) and Purchase-to-Pay domains. OTC includes handling bank statement postings, allocation of incoming payments, customer refunds and reconciliations. PTP includes handling purchase invoice processing, payments, query and escalation handling, AP maintenance, month-end closing activities including accruals, reconciliations and internal controls.
- Support the vendor master data maintenance
- Support the local travel & expense process including processing of claims, credit card and corporate travel account administration
- Continuously improving and enhancing our local accounting and reporting processes
- Participation in various finance development projects
You are supported by other members of Oivan finance team and collaborate closely with business stakeholders as well as other internal teams.
What You Have
- Bachelor degree or similar, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- At least two years of experience in accounting & payroll role in KSA and GCC region
- Good knowledge of local GAAP and tax, basic IFRS knowledge considered a plus
- Strong communication and collaboration skills in English and Arabic
- Strong analytical and data optimization skills
- Proactive, customer driven, with a continuous-improvement mindset
- An independent and proactive approach to work and good team playing skills
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Keen to optimize finance systems and improve processes
- Digitally savvy, experience with finance information systems, like Netsuite
What We Offer
- An international workforce to learn from and grow with
- A fair compensation package and a considerable annual leave of 25 days per annum. We support our staff to be with family at the most important time. Partners with a newborn baby can have additional holidays.
- Opportunities for growth and enrichment through Grow with Oivan, our internal learning and development department
- Line devices Mac or PC within a fixed company budget
Who We Are
Oivan as an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Oivan, we appreciate different lifestyles and cultural backgrounds. We welcome diversity as a strength. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, orientation or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply. ****
Oivan company culture is reflective of our Finnish core values: Responsibility, Reliability, and Fellowship. The decisions we make today influence our tomorrow. We are sincere in our responsibility towards our employees, customers and the environment. Fellowship unites us as an international community of thinkers and doers. Throughout our hiring process, you’ll have access to a broad representation of the Oivan team in order to get to know us as we learn about you.
We work accordingly with the The Personal Data Protection Law (PDPL) which regulates the processing of personal data of all Saudi Arabia residents. By submitting your application and CV, you give us consent to handle and store your personal information in our HR information systems according to PDPL compliancy and full confidentiality.