Finance Specialist (Accounting & Reporting)
At Oivan, we are in search of a skilled and dynamic individual to take on a multifaceted role that serves as the backbone of our finance and accounting functions. Your responsibilities will span across a broad spectrum, from monthly accounting and reporting activities for multiple legal entities to annual coordination with auditors for financial statements.
Who We Are
At Oivan we create and operate human-centric digital services for our clients worldwide. With offices in Helsinki (Finland), Khon Kaen (Thailand), Bangkok (Thailand), Dubai (UAE) and Riyadh (KSA) and Vietnam, our international team executes a diverse array of projects. Based in our Bangkok or Khon Kaen offices, you’ll support our 240+ headcount workforce across 5 countries.
Oivan’s official language is English and fluency is necessary for success on the job. A strong dedication to teamwork and excellent cross-cultural communication skills are a must.
Oivan company culture is reflective of our core values: Responsibility, Reliability, and Fellowship. The decisions we make today influence our tomorrow. We are sincere in our responsibility towards our employees, customers and the environment. Fellowship unites us as an international community of thinkers and doers. Throughout our hiring process, you’ll have access to a broad representation of the Oivan team in order to get to know us as we learn about you.
What You’ll Do
In this role you will be responsible for accounting and reporting for a number of legal entities in scope of the Oivan Group. Your responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Charge of the month-end closing process, ensuring quality and timely reporting of the financial results, ensure accounts are reconciled and key controls are performed.
- Preparing monthly payrolls for the company’s employees. On an annual basis you support preparation of local financial statements and coordinate with auditors.
- Manage finance activities within the Order-to-Cash (OTC) and Purchase-to-Pay domains. OTC includes handling bank statement postings, allocation of incoming payments, customer refunds and reconciliations. PTP includes handling purchase invoice processing, payments, query and escalation handling, AP maintenance, month-end closing activities including accruals, reconciliations and internal controls.
- Manage securing the companies’ cashflow by taking ownership of collection activities, aging reporting and bad debt handling.
- Support the vendor master data maintenance and also support the local travel & expense process including processing of claims, credit card and corporate travel account administration.
- Continuously improving and enhancing our local accounting and reporting processes.
- Participation in various finance development projects.
You are supported by Head of Accounting and Group Controller and collaborate closely with business stakeholders as well as other internal teams. You have strong excel skills and know how to optimize finance systems and constantly look for continuous improvement of daily activities. You are quickly able to adapt to new processes and tools, can resolve any problem quickly and understand how to optimise our systems and ways of working.
What You Have
- Bachelor degree or similar, preferably a major in Accounting or Finance
- Preferable atleast two years of experience in an accounting & payroll role
- Good knowledge of local GAAP and tax, basic IFRS knowledge considered a plus
- Strong communication and collaboration skills in English. Local language considered a plus (Finnish, Arabic)
- Strong analytical and data optimization skills
- Proactive, customer driven continuous improvement mindset
- An independent and proactive approach to work and good team playing skills
- Proficient in digital finance platforms
What We Offer
- Occupational Healthcare with extensive Extra Healthcare insurance for specialist care
- Travel Insurance which covers personal trips up to seven (7) days
- Optional pre-tax Edenred lunch card
- Optional personal bike benefit through EtuFillari
- Exclusive discounted prices on gym memberships across all Fitness 24/7 locations in Finland
- Generous opportunities for professional development and training via our internal Grow with Oivan programs or sponsored educational and training endeavours
- Team building activities, movie nights, events
- An international workforce to learn from and grow with
- Generous remote work opportunities
Oivan as an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Oivan, we appreciate different lifestyles and cultural backgrounds. We welcome diversity as a strength. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, orientation or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.
The compensation range for this position based on experience and seniority is between 3300€ -3800€ per month.
Interested? Please fill in the application form below to submit your application. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
By submitting your application and CV, you give us consent to handle and store your personal information in our information systems according to GDPR compliancy and full confidentiality.