Lead Full Stack Developer (Ruby on Rails)
What We Need
You will be based in one of two cities: Ho Chi Minh or Da Nang ☺️
What You’ll Do
We offer you the unique opportunity to work and improve your skills with a diverse and geographically distributed team of technology and business experts around the world. We use micro-services architecture to scale and diversify our customer product as their strategic partner. You will get to work on a life-changing product and execute the following responsibilities:
- Architect brand-new software solutions to fulfil project requirements.
- Create, design, and implement layouts for new and existing web pages.
- Create and maintain database designs for data storage and processing, including testing and debugging software to keep it optimised.
- Collaborate with a team of developers and product managers.
- Maintain legacy code written by other developers, including bug fixes.
- Integrate external software libraries and APIs into existing projects.
What You Have
Our main technology stack includes Angular on the frontend and Ruby (on Rails) on the backend. Otherwise we prefer you to have:
- Experience with common web development tools and services, such as version control software (Git), package managers, and CI/CD pipelines.
- A good understanding of relational databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly express your reasoning.
- Familiarity with common programming design patterns including the use of RESTful APIs.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation – 100% net salary paid during probation period and a bonus salary every year. This also includes 15 days of paid annual leave, 15 sick day leaves and 10 days of paternity leave.
- Generous remote work opportunities – we typically work remotely up to 3 days per week.
- Premium healthcare insurance package (PTI) and annual check-ups.
- Opportunities for growth and enrichment through Grow with Oivan, our internal learning and development departments (4 hours per week)
- Team building activities, movie nights, events
- Company paid weekly lunch
- An international workforce to learn from and grow with
- Opportunities for travel and working abroad to our international and client offices.
Who We Are
At Oivan we create and operate human-centric digital services for our clients worldwide. With offices in Helsinki (Finland), Khon Kaen (Thailand), Bangkok (Thailand), Dubai (UAE) and Riyadh (KSA) and Vietnam, our international team executes a diverse array of projects. Based in our offices located in Ho Chi Minh and Da Nang city, you’ll support our 220+ headcount workforce across 5 countries.
Oivan’s official language is English and fluency is necessary for success on the job. A strong dedication to teamwork and excellent cross-cultural communication skills are a must.
Oivan company culture is reflective of our core values: Responsibility, Reliability, and Fellowship. The decisions we make today influence our tomorrow. We are sincere in our responsibility towards our employees, customers and the environment. Fellowship unites us as an international community of thinkers and doers. Throughout our hiring process, you will have access to a broad representation of the Oivan team in order to get to know us as we learn about you.
Oivan as an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Oivan, we appreciate different lifestyles and cultural backgrounds. We welcome diversity as a strength. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.
The compensation range for this position based on experience and seniority is between 3500-4500 USD per month.
Interested? Please fill in the application form below to submit your application. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.