Oivan is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer with at least 4 years of experience whose attitude is backed up by their experience in QA having worked as a QA Engineer on at least one released project. If you are interested in working on an award-winning international product and enjoy collaborating in a creative and awesome team, then Oivan is the right place for you! ☺️
Who We Are
At Oivan we create and operate human-centric digital services for our clients worldwide. With offices in Helsinki (Finland), Khon Kaen (Thailand), Bangkok (Thailand), Dubai (UAE) and Riyadh (KSA) and Vietnam, our international team executes a diverse array of projects. Based in our office located in Riyadh office, you’ll support our 220+ headcount workforce across 5 countries.
Oivan’s official language is English and fluency is necessary for success on the job. It would be a plus if you speak Arabic, this is a preferable trait to communicate and build strong rapport locally with our clients. A strong dedication to teamwork and excellent cross-cultural communication skills are a must.
Oivan company culture is reflective of our core values: Responsibility, Reliability, and Fellowship. The decisions we make today influence our tomorrow. We are sincere in our responsibility towards our employees, customers and the environment. Fellowship unites us as an international community of thinkers and doers. Throughout our hiring process, you’ll have access to a broad representation of the Oivan team in order to get to know us as we learn about you.
What You’ll Do
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to continuously drive and improve QA processes and workflows, design the projects’ test plans and work closely with developers of different disciplines to discuss and communicate plans clearly. You will be part of a small and awesome QA team, as well as working with external QA partners when additional resourcing or specialist testing is required. You will get to work on a life-changing product and execute the following responsibilities:
- Testing new features (web, mobile, backend) as thoroughly and swiftly as possible, helping to develop a high quality testing process end to end.
- Taking QA ownership for project’s new features.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Perform thorough regression testing rounds to green light releases, complemented with imaginative exploratory testing
- Contribute to the automated test implementation for regression testing using modern end to end test Automation frameworks.
- Develop automated test scenarios based on product specifications provided by the engineering team. (experience in use of tools such as JUnit, Selenium, Mabl, Testsigma)
- Checking that everything integrates well (technology) and that it matches our (business) requirements.
What You Have
- Technical university education preferred with experience working with web development. A Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years experience in software product validation and testing
- You have a good knowledge in test automation and automation tools, both for front end and backend.
- You are familiar with software development and Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Test planning skills, high code coverage with performance and security in mind
- You are familiar with SCRUM and Agile methodologies
- You have a broad experience using Jira for project tracking and bugs reporting and with the use of TestRail or similar test cases repository tools
- Experience with Angular/TypeScript is appreciated
- Excellent communication skills in English – Arabic is an important asset
- Experience working in multinational teams, with a good team player attitude
We Offer You
- Competitive compensation and flexible annual leave from 12 up to 22 days per annum. In addition, there are 10 days of paid annual leave and sick leaves. We support our staff to be with family at the most important time. (Partners with a newborn baby can have additional holidays)
- Healthcare package and annual check-ups
- Opportunities for growth and enrichment through Grow with Oivan, our internal learning and development departments (2-4 hours per week)
- Top of the line devices Mac or PC – your choice, plus peripherals
- Team building activities, movie nights, events
- Company paid weekly lunch – we have team lunch on Mondays
- An international workforce to learn from and grow with
- Opportunities for travel and working abroad to our international and client offices
Oivan as an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Oivan, we appreciate different lifestyles and cultural backgrounds. We welcome diversity as a strength. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, orientation or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.
By submitting your application and CV, you give us consent to handle and store your personal information in our HR information systems according to GDPR compliancy and full confidentiality.