Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Oivan is looking for an ambitious Senior Infrastructure Engineer with at least 8 years of experience to join our growing digital forces. Based in Riyadh, KSA, you’ll enjoy working with our 200+ headcount workforce across 5 countries. Oivan’s official language is English and fluency is necessary for success on the job. A strong dedication to teamwork and excellent cross-cultural communication skills are a must.
What You’ll Do
- Design, implement, and optimize high-performance Linux based infrastructure.
- Conduct system administration for multiple physical and cloud-based critical Linux environments
- Provide level 2 and 3 support, incident handling, troubleshooting, and reporting root cause analysis for critical events on the infrastructure
- Security upgrade on infrastructure devices, including network hardware, servers, and workstations
- Provide recommendations to improve security, availability, and scalability of the infrastructure
- Prepare the infrastructure for product releases, upgrades, and automation requirements
- Work with the development team to implement and support new features
- Follow security practices and recommendations for the infrastructure
- Automate infrastructure deployments, patching, and security compliance
- Implement security controls, network segmentation, and day to day operations
- Provide good quality reports related to infrastructure and implementation
- Enhance and optimize the Linux environment and web applications by using content delivery, caching, load balancing, reverse proxy content and other platforms
- Monitor server KPIs such as storage, CPU, and Memory and maintaining the agreed level of operation health
- Conduct data resiliency and backup for cloud and self-hosted servers and applications
What You’ve Got
- A strong understanding of TCP/IP, network configuration, services, and protocol
- A strong background in Linux administration
- Experience in infrastructure design and architecture
- Expertise in leading infrastructure deployments
- Strong script skills (Bash, Python)
- Expertise in configuration management and orchestration tools (Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, etc.) in large infrastructures
- Knowledge in infrastructure as a code (Iac)
- Systematic thinking and experience in debugging complex technical problems related to different protocols, SSH, SMTP, DNS, HTTP/S, Syslog etc
- Expertise in opensource solutions like RabbitMQ, Kafka, ELK, Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana etc
- Strong understanding of Networking, Firewall, VPN, and host security
- Experience in deploying and managing containerized technology and orchestration such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge in planning backup and disaster recovery, SAN/NAS, and object storage
- Expertise on the Windows platform is a plus
- Redhat and Kubernetes certification is preferred
What we offer
- Opportunities for growth and enrichment through Grow With Oivan, our internal learning and development department.
- Team building activities.
- An international workforce and environment to learn from and grow with.
Who We Are
At Oivan we create and operate human-centric digital services for our clients worldwide. With locations in Finland, UAE, Thailand, Vietnam and Saudi Arabia, we are an international community of thinkers and doers.
Throughout our hiring process, you’ll have access to a broad representation of the Oivan team in order to get to know us as we learn about you.
Interested? We’re looking forward to hearing from you. Contact Tuija Nuutinen at firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting your application and CV, you give us consent to handle and store your personal information in our information systems according to GDPR compliancy and full confidentiality.