Senior PostgreSQL Architect (Database Administrator)
Oivan is looking for an experienced and highly skilled Senior PostgreSQL Architect to join our team. This candidate will work with the engineering and DevOps teams to ensure that the most appropriate and well-designed database environment are drafted and that the appropriate set of architectural and design decisions is made. You will be responsible for evaluating, recommending, and applying best database design choices and make the required tradeoffs.
This is an on-site position working at the clients’ site and with our team members.
Who We Are
At Oivan we create and operate human-centric digital services for our clients worldwide. With offices in Helsinki (Finland), Riyadh (KSA), Khon Kaen (Thailand), Bangkok (Thailand), Dubai (UAE), our international team executes a diverse array of projects. Based in our office located in Riyadh office, you’ll support our 220+ headcount workforce across 5 countries.
Oivan’s official language is English and fluency is necessary for success on the job. A strong dedication to teamwork and excellent cross-cultural communication skills are a must.
Oivan company culture is reflective of our core values: Responsibility, Reliability, and Fellowship. The decisions we make today influence our tomorrow. We are sincere in our responsibility towards our employees, customers and the environment. Fellowship unites us as an international community of thinkers and doers. Throughout our hiring process, you’ll have access to a broad representation of the Oivan team in order to get to know us as we learn about you.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on various high-level client projects, and you will become one of our Senior Database Administrator matter experts. You will be in charge of the following responsibilities:
- Manage PostgreSQL databases/clusters in a mission-critical, scalable, and high-traffic production environment, ensuring smooth and efficient operations.
- Work closely with Development and DevOps teams to deliver and maintain different environments, such as production, staging, and development, collaborating and communicating effectively with all stakeholders.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, such as automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Develop strategies to improve the availability, performance, and utilization of PostgreSQL Servers environment.
- Plan database backups and implement appropriate disaster recovery setup.
- Apply the required database replication to support different platform functions, such as Datawarehouse and external integrations.
What You Have
Our ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- 8+ years of experience with PostgreSQL, including strong DBA experience and skills, with the technical ability to assist, take over, and manage very in-depth escalated PostgreSQL DB support tickets.
- Technical university education preferred with experience working with web development. A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Hands-on operational expertise as a PostgreSQL DBA on account administration, Always ON, replication, log shipping, clustering, backups and recovery, audit reporting, performance tuning, as well as proactive environment health checks.
- Experience with PostgreSQL cluster environments, including installations, high availability, load balancing, replication, clustering, and connection pooling, replication, and failovers.
- Hands-on experience fine-tuning PostgreSQL performance for scalable PostgreSQL database clusters.
- Must have hands on experience and sound knowledge in cloud technologies and SQL architecture/HADR setups.
- Strong experience in automating regular work using TSQL, PowerShell, or other relevant tools.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills alongside a good way of prioritising your time.
- Excellent communication skills in English to consult our clients.
- Experience working in multinational teams, with a good team player attitude.
We Offer You
- An international workforce to learn from and grow with – we have a diverse, multicultural workforce with Nordic values
- A fair compensation package and a considerable annual leave of 25 days per annum. We support our staff to be with family at the most important time. Partners with a newborn baby can have additional holidays.
- Opportunities for growth and enrichment through Grow with Oivan, our internal learning and development departments
- Line devices Mac or PC within a fixed company budget
- Team building activities, movie nights, events
Oivan as an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Oivan, we appreciate different lifestyles and cultural backgrounds. We welcome diversity as a strength. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, orientation or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.
By submitting your application and CV, you give us consent to handle and store your personal information in our HR information systems according to GDPR compliancy and full confidentiality.