Systems and Network Engineer (relocation to Riyadh)
Oivan is looking for a highly skilled and experienced System and Network Engineer to join our team in Riyadh, KSA. You will have a deep knowledge of Linux system and network administration, TCP/IP, load balancing, automation, and application and network layer firewalls. It is beneficial to have expertise on DevOps, Cloud orchestration and technological pre-sales activities.
This exciting opportunity in Systems Administration, based on-site in our customer premise in Riyadh, offers candidates an opportunity to work with experts in the field on impactful, long-term projects.
We are open to having international candidates matching our requirements, who are interested in relocation or an international assignment to Riyadh.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on various high-level client projects, and you will become one of our System and Networking matter experts in a multicultural and open team. You will be in charge of the following responsibilities:
- Provide consultation and architecture support critical infrastructure
- Design, implement and operate critical infrastructure and systems
- Configure or assess configurations on different infrastructure components, including systems, firewalls, routing and switching, load balancers, and other related technologies in the data center, cloud, and virtual environments
- Analyze and implement open-source technologies for critical systems
- Automate system and network assessment and administration tasks
- Provide high quality reports related to infrastructure and implementation to help management make informed decisions
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in Linux system administration and networking.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP protocols.
- Experience with commercial and open-source network and security technologies.
- Expertise in Linux operating systems and experience with load balancing, application and network layer firewalls such as HAProxy and Nginx.
- Knowledge in DevOps and container security, cloud technologies, and orchestration tools.
- Relevant experience with Microsoft server environments
- Relevant experience with open-source databases such as PostgreSQL, MariaDB, and MongoDB.
- Expertise in automation and scripting (Python, Bash preferably) to automate system administration tasks and streamline processes.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to understand and assess existing environments and provide recommendations for improvements and optimizations.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to relocate to Saudi Arabia or have a transferable Iqama. We will help you to relocate!
We Offer You
Benefits at Oivan are location-based, but for relocation roles or roles which require extensive travel, benefits packages vary.
These are the benefits for our employees in Saudi Arabia:
- An international workforce to learn from and grow with – we have a diverse, multicultural workforce with Nordic values
- A fair compensation package and a considerable annual leave of 25 days per annum. We support our staff to be with family at the most important time. Partners with a newborn baby can have additional holidays.
- Opportunities for growth and enrichment through Grow with Oivan, our internal learning and development departments
- Line devices Mac or PC within a fixed company budget
- Team building activities, movie nights, events
Oivan as an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Oivan, we appreciate different lifestyles and cultural backgrounds. We welcome diversity as a strength. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, orientation or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.
Who We Are
At Oivan we create and operate human-centric digital services for our clients worldwide. We operate offices in Finland, UAE, Thailand, Vietnam and Saudi Arabia.
Our company culture reflects our core values: Responsibility, Reliability, and Fellowship. The decisions we make today influence our tomorrow. We are sincere in our responsibility towards our employees, customers and the environment. Fellowship unites us as an international community of thinkers and doers.
Throughout our hiring process, you’ll have access to a broad representation of the Oivan team in order to get to know us as we learn about you. Our company recognizes Neurodiversity and we are open to carry out a recruitment process that makes you feel comfortable and highlights your strengths.
By submitting your application and CV, you give us consent to handle and store your personal information in our HR information systems according to GDPR compliancy and full confidentiality.