Mobile Developer (cross-platform)
Oivan is looking for a Mobile Developer with at least 3 years of experience in Flutter to join our engineering team to design and develop an innovative product. If you are interested in working on an award-winning international product and enjoy collaborating in a creative and awesome team, then Oivan is the right place for you! ☺️
You will be the only full-time mobile developer for now for this project, which brings lots of opportunities for growth and professional development. You will be directly involved in the technical design and architecture of the software, with many opportunities to take ownership of features or components. As we grow the team in the future, you will step up to provide mentorship and technical leadership to our new hires.
Who We Are
At Oivan we create and operate human-centric digital services for our clients worldwide. With offices in Helsinki (Finland), Khon Kaen (Thailand), Bangkok (Thailand), Dubai (UAE) and Riyadh (KSA) and Vietnam, our international team executes a diverse array of projects. Based in our Bangkok or Khon Kaen offices, you’ll support our 220+ headcount workforce across 5 countries.
Oivan’s official language is English and fluency is necessary for success on the job. A strong dedication to teamwork and excellent cross-cultural communication skills are a must.
Oivan company culture is reflective of our core values: Responsibility, Reliability, and Fellowship. The decisions we make today influence our tomorrow. We are sincere in our responsibility towards our employees, customers and the environment. Fellowship unites us as an international community of thinkers and doers. Throughout our hiring process, you’ll have access to a broad representation of the Oivan team in order to get to know us as we learn about you.
What You’ll Do
We offer you the unique opportunity to work and improve your skills with a diverse and geographically distributed team of technology and business experts around the world. We use micro-services architecture to scale and diversify our customer product as their strategic partner. You will get to work on a life-changing product and execute the following responsibilities:
- Creating mobile apps from scratch for either iOS or Android platforms. Our mobile developers usually focus heavily on designing the app’s architecture and developing the back-end.
- Various tasks regarding existing mobile apps. Your day-to-day may include reading through the code, evaluating the app architecture, and giving feedback.
- Adding new features and functionalities to existing mobile apps. Not all of our projects include creating the mobile app from scratch but working on an existing one adding new features or improving its functionality.
- Adding functionalities to the back-end of the app. Your job might not be to be responsible for the back-end yourself, but you should be able to at least understand the field to support the team who is.
- Prototyping focusing on either excellent UX and visual identity or validating the functionalities in practice.
What You Have
- Technical university education preferred with experience working with mobile and web development.
- An ability to develop for either major platforms, iOS or Android, using cross-platform tools like Flutter, and be experienced with Dart programming language.
- A good overall understanding of the modern mobile development landscape and different programming paradigms (e.g. unit and e2e testing, CI/CD, object-oriented and functional programming, UX, analytics, REST/GraphQL APIs)
- Knowledge of app architecture, and state management.
- A demonstrated ability to adopt new software engineering technologies and methods (e.g. side projects with different technologies indicates this nicely)
- A flexible mindset. You don’t get scared if the project requires you to get familiar with e.g. web or back-end development or something else outside your core competences
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and flexible annual leave from 12 up to 22 days per annum. In addition, there are 10 days of paid annual leave and sick leaves. We support our staff to be with family at the most important time. (Partners with a newborn baby can have additional holidays)
- Healthcare package and annual check-ups
- Opportunities for growth and enrichment through Grow with Oivan, our internal learning and development departments (2-4 hours per week)
- Top of the line devices Mac or PC – your choice, plus peripherals
- Team building activities, movie nights, events
- Company paid weekly lunch – we have team lunch on Mondays
- An international workforce to learn from and grow with
- Opportunities for travel and working abroad to our international and client offices
Oivan as an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Oivan, we appreciate different lifestyles and cultural backgrounds. We welcome diversity as a strength. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, orientation or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.
The compensation range for this position based on experience and seniority is between 2500-3500 USD per month.
Interested? Please fill in the application form below to submit your application. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
(GDPR and PDPA statement)
By submitting your application and CV, you give us consent to handle and store your personal information in our information systems according to GDPR compliancy, full confidentiality and according to Section 19 and Section 26 of Thailand’s Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA).