Technical Lead (Product Owner)
What We Need
Oivan is looking for a Technical Product Lead Owner with at least five years of experience in managing local and or international software IT projects to lead our largest local software development project. As an experienced Technical Project Manager with a background in Agile Scrum methodologies, you will be responsible for leading cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality technical solutions. Your role encompasses project planning, execution, and continuous improvement, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and client expectations.
You will be based on-site at our customer’s premises in Riyadh, KSA.
We also appreciate your technical skills, especially if you are familiar with Ruby on Rails framework, microservices and deployment.
What You’ll Do
We offer you the unique opportunity to work and improve your skills with a diverse and geographically distributed team of technology and business experts around the world. You will get to work on various products / projects and execute the following responsibilities as a technical project manager:
- Collaborate with customers (and internal stakeholders) to define project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Develop detailed project plans, timelines, and resource requirements.
- Conduct project kickoff meetings to align team members and stakeholders.
- Implement and drive Agile Scrum methodologies for project execution.
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies, including Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Review, and Retrospectives.
- Act as a servant leader, removing impediments and fostering a collaborative team environment.
- Allocate resources effectively, considering team members’ skills and project requirements.
- Work closely with HR and project stakeholders to ensure the availability of necessary resources.
- Manage and optimize resource utilization throughout the project lifecycle.
This role is for working with our local clients in Saudi Arabia and providing facilitation support to our Head of Project Management.
What You Have
As a technical product owner we prefer that you have:
- 5+ years of technical project management experience in the software development industry, IT service management or something similar. We encourage you to apply if you have less “years” of experience, the number of years is to give an average benchmark.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and find creative solutions in response to changing priorities and needs.
- We want you to be organized in leading a project and within a professional setting to deliver high-quality customer experience.
- Strong command in Arabic and English in writing and speaking.
- Familiarity with Jira (Confluence) for activity tracking, task-setting, dashboards, burndown, and similar tools is preferred.
- Knowledge with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, microservices and other languages or frameworks is a plus.
- PMP or an equivalent Agile certification (PSM 1,2) certification would be considered an asset.
What We Offer
- An international workforce to learn from and grow with – we have a diverse, multicultural workforce with Nordic values
- A fair compensation package and a considerable annual leave of 25 days per annum. We support our staff to be with family at the most important time. Partners with a newborn baby can have additional holidays.
- Opportunities for growth and enrichment through Grow with Oivan, our internal learning and development departments
- Line devices Mac or PC within a fixed company budget
- Team building activities, movie nights, events
Who We Are
Oivan as an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Oivan, we appreciate different lifestyles and cultural backgrounds. We welcome diversity as a strength. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply. On our equitable compensation model, we routinely analyse and close out pay disparities when we find them, including an annual compensation review.
Interested? Please fill in the application form below to submit your application. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
By submitting your application and CV, you give us consent to handle and store your
personal information in our HR information systems according to GDPR compliancy and