Oivan is looking for a Software Architect with at least 8 years of experience in the development of software development technologies, specifically in the areas of Google Cloud Platform, and microservices architecture. If you are interested in working with reputed clients and enjoy collaborating in a creative and awesome team, then Oivan is the right place for you! ☺️
For this role, you will be reporting to our Head of Key Accounts, formerly our CTO, Jussi Virtanen and working closely with our Head of Strategic Delivery, Tuukka Kaltiainen, and our main customer.
What You’ll Do
We offer you the unique opportunity to work and improve your skills with a diverse and geographically distributed team of technology and business experts around the world. You will get to work on our largest project in the real-estate industry, supervising the work of over 30 developers across six different teams. In addition, these are some of the following expectations:
- Collaborate with the development teams to define and implement technical requirements for the microservices architecture, including deployment strategies, monitoring, and instrumentation
- Analyze the existing system architecture and recommend improvements to enhance performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Design, implement, and maintain new products and services using but not limited to Ruby on Rails (or Golang) for the backend and Angular for the frontend
- Develop technical specifications and design documents to guide the development team in the implementation of the solution
- Provide feedback to implement integrations with payment gateways and headless content management systems
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines using Cloud Build and Terraform for infrastructure management and deployments
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, UI/UX designers, and QA engineers to ensure the successful delivery of the project
- Identify best practices to conduct thorough code reviews and ensure adherence to coding standards
What You Have
As a software architect, we prefer that you have:
- Strong experience in frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Angular, Go, and also with Google Cloud Platform, microservices architecture
- Knowledge of Pub/Sub, Cloud SQL (PostgreSQL), Google Cloud Build, Terraform, and IaaC
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Run, Google Kubernetes Engine, Docker, Stripe, Contentful, REST, GraphQL, and CI/CD
- Excellent communication, collaboration skills and the ability to lead a team
- Passion for building scalable and efficient solutions to tackle environmental issues
What We Offer
We care about our employees and we offer you:
- An international workforce to learn from and grow with – we have a diverse, multicultural workforce with Nordic values
- A fair compensation package and a considerable annual leave of 25 days per annum. We support our staff to be with family at the most important time. Partners with a newborn baby can have additional holidays.
- Opportunities for growth and enrichment through Grow with Oivan, our internal learning and development departments
- Line devices Mac or PC within a fixed company budget
- Team building activities, movie nights, events
If you are a proactive and enthusiastic individual with a passion for designing and implementing scalable microservices architecture, and are excited about working on real estate projects, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, as well as opportunities for growth and career development.
Oivan as an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Oivan, we appreciate different lifestyles and cultural backgrounds. We welcome diversity as a strength. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply. On our equitable compensation model, we routinely analyse and close out pay disparities when we find them, including an annual compensation review.
We will prioritise applications in the following order: Finland and then any of our other locations.
Interested? Please fill in the form below to submit your application. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
Software Architect- Riyadh – Open Position – Ads
"*" indicates required fields
By submitting your application and CV, you give us consent to handle and store your personal information in our information systems according to GDPR compliancy and full confidentiality.