Greetings From the Oivan Team
A few times per year we like to send a short update to let people know what we’ve been working on, and how we have developed our services.
This time is very special for us, as we just concluded our first year as a one company. Oivan was born last summer when NXme and IWA joined forces to become the Digital Force for Good.
Today Oivan is the one-stop-shop for custom digital service development and cybersecure solutions for organizations wanting to succeed during the digital wave changing the world around us.
Despite the challenging year around us due to the pandemic, our revenue grew from 6.3 million Euros in 2019 (NXme & IWA Pro-forma) to 8.5 million Euros in 2020, which means a healthy +34% growth.
Our fantastic team expanded +60% from 72 to 115. Today Oivan has offices in five countries: Finland, Thailand, Vietnam, UAE, and Saudi Arabia. We have remote team members in Bahrain, India, Palestine, Portugal, Sri Lanka and soon in Japan as well.
Enhanced Distributed Teams model (EDT)
For many years we have been quietly tweaking our Enhanced Distributed Teams model (EDT). In 2020 EDT showed its true potential as Covid-19 completely transformed the way the world works.
EDT combines the best elements of onsite consultation and distributed teams. For example, our client National Housing Company in Saudi Arabia uses Oivan’s services as follows: In the large e-services development project Sakani, with simultaneous backend, frontend, operations, and mobile tracks, our technical leads and project managers work onsite at the client’s offices in Riyadh, while over thirty Oivan experts take part in the project remotely or our offices in Vietnam, Thailand, and Finland.
Before 2020, many of our clients and companies we engaged with preferred to have our experts working 100% onsite at their premises. With remote work, sweeping the world as the “new normal” our EDT model is more suitable for our clients than ever before.
Our CEO Rami recently wrote a blog post about this unstoppable trend: Upgrading Digital Service Development With Enhanced Distributed Teams
Being the Digital Force for Good
While our digitalization and cybersecurity experts are highly effective at supporting organizations to create and operate human-centric digital services, we are incredibly excited when our work allows us to live up to our slogan – The Digital Force for Good.
Select Highlights of 2020:
- Successful launch of the Sakani mobile apps that help Saudi citizens find and purchase their next house with a simple and intuitive user experience. The complete Sakani service portfolio, which Oivan has been developing since 2017, later won the Best Digital Transformation award at the International Customer Experience Awards 2020 competition.
- Release of the Valo Hotel & Works operations management service in Finland, which we custom-built for this progressive real-estate innovator combining hotel-living with co-working.
- Securing the City of Helsinki’s remote working network connections during the massive peak usage due to the pandemic.
- Securing a deal to build a secure instant messaging and collaboration service based on the open source Nextcloud platform for our public sector clients in the Middle East. In the age of diminishing privacy in leading instant messaging services, it is inspiring to build next-generation communication and collaboration services using secure open-source solutions.
- Successful planning and execution of the DNSSEC key generation ceremony for Saudi Arabia’s top-level internet domains (.sa, .net.sa, gov.sa, org.sa) to support secure internet communications growth Saudi Arabia.
- Completion of a software assurance maturity assessment project for Cloud Solutions’ software development function with regards to their work for Al-Habib Medical Group, the largest private healthcare provider in Saudi Arabia. This endeavor helped the organization to uncover and identify existing and missing measures needed to create secure software.
2021 and Beyond
In 2021 we will keep growing our team, services and expertise and look forward to helping our existing clients and future clients make the most of digitalization opportunities.
While developing our international business, we will always keep our Nordic heritage and values firmly in mind: Reliability, Fellowship, and Responsibility will guide us on our journey to make Oivan the best place for organizations to get the most competitive advantage for their digitalization initiatives.
We wish everyone the best possible 2021!
Get in touch
"*" indicates required fields